The St Roch chapel is situated on the "Bâty" square.
Note: The legend of the chapel of St. Roch
While a plague epidemic devastated the town, the magistrate implored St Roch and vowed to erect a chapel in his honor if it ceased. The miracle happened and so the chapel was built in 1662. Besides this legend of St. Roch and his dog, another legend of Fumay tells that the girls who want to find an husband have to think about the loved person and kiss the nail fixed on the door. If the marriage was not celebrated during the year to come, the marriage will be celebrate 7 years later. (the duration of the military service at that time).
Chapelle only visible from the outside.
Add a review
There is no review about Chapelle Saint-Roch, be the first to leave one !